Tooth Bonding is one of the most affordable and easiest cosmetic dental practices. In this process, your dentist will provide a tooth-colored composite resin material (a durable plastic material) on the teeth surface. This helps you to beautify your smile.
Tooth Bonding can fix your decayed, discolored, chipped, broken, cracked teeth, or space between them. Certain times, a dentist provides bonding as a substitute to amalgam or metallic fillings. This works to shield the exposed root of a tooth with receded gums. It can also transform your teeth’ shape or make them longer.
Benefits of Bonding
- It is a simple, easy, and effective way to beautify your smile. This is because it can cover discolored teeth and revive your chipped and damaged teeth. You can simply achieve an entirely natural look.
- Both children and adults are candidates for Bonding. It is because the method is non-invasive and very fast compared to other kinds of restoration. With just one appointment with your dentist, the process is completed.
- No numbing and medication. People don’t even require numbing and medication before the bonding method starts. It is a chair-side restoration.
- It is one of the least expensive cosmetic dental practices. It does not even require any dental lab services so is the most affordable procedure. And it can be easily customized.
- The procedure is reversible. It can effectively fill in cracks and spaces. The shade of the bonding material matches the adjacent teeth before it is attached to the surface of the teeth.
- With dental bonding, teeth enamel is not removed. Once your bonding material hardens, you can get back to your daily activities. And on top of that, you can even enjoy your favorite foods without any restriction!
Bonding your front teeth normally requires minimal preparation of your teeth.
- Your dentist will give you anesthesia. This is given only if there is an old restoration or decay present.
- First, your dentist will choose a shade of resin that will exactly/most closely match the original color of your tooth.
- He/she will roughen your tooth and coat slightly with a conditioning gel. This allows the bonding material to attach to the tooth more smoothly.
- The dentist will then apply a composite resin, mold, and smoothen it until it gets an apt shape.
- He/she will then use ultraviolet light or laser to harden it.
- Finally, your dentist will shape, trim and polish the resin to give a final look, to match the rest of your existing teeth.
It generally takes between 30-60 minutes for each tooth to complete the bonding process and is done in a single visit to the dentist. Now, if you are getting multiple teeth done, it may generally take a few more appointments to finish off the procedure.
Bonded Teeth Care
Contact your dentist immediately if you find sharp edges on the bonded teeth, or your teeth feel uncomfortable whenever you bite down. If the bonding chips or pieces totally fall off, reach out to your dentist without further delay.
When you follow a proper oral care regime, you can expect your dental bonding to stay up to 10 years. Bonding material has a tendency to stain; hence avoid tea, coffee, wine, and quit smoking. Avoid sugar items especially chewing on hard and sticky candies.
Get the Help you need!
You can get in touch with Sanders Family Dental if you want to receive the best Cosmetic Dental Bonding in Lombard, IL. Our Dentist always provides the best treatment and comfort that you deserve. We are eager to see you smile.