It’s essential to be aware of your treatment options when it comes to maintaining your dental and general health. Knowing the advantages and disadvantages of each option is crucial if you need to choose between dentures and dental implants. At Sanders Family Dental, we assist patients in identifying durable options for both individual and partial implants as well as full mouth replacements. We think that knowledge is power; therefore, the best Lombard dentists have come up with a detailed discussion on this topic.
Dentures are less expensive than dental implants, but many individuals find them uncomfortable. Dentures and removable and don’t offer the same stability as dental implants. They may still slip and shift when you talk or eat, and it can take months to acquire a good fit. Some of the information related to dentures are mentioned in the pointers below:
- It can look and feel uncomfortable
- It can be the reason for discomfort
- Needs creams and adhesives to stop slippage
- Requires removal during the night and daily cleaning sessions
- Prevents you from enjoying the food items you love
- Relining is required
- Replacement is typically needed every 5 to 10 years.
- Fails to prevent bone loss
Although you solely have the final say in the sort of teeth replacement you select, discussing the advantages and disadvantages of dentures with your dentist will help you understand what to do.
Implants offer a durable, long-term treatment for tooth loss by mimicking the structure of natural teeth. Some advantages of dental implants include:
- Improved maintenance of the jawbone and facial structure
- They are specifically designed to look, function, and feel like your natural teeth
- Fit comfortably and firmly fixed in the jaw
- No need for several “try-ins” and adjustments
- There is no requirement for creams or adhesives because they won’t slip or move.
- Similar to natural teeth, they can be cleaned and maintained with a regular daily oral hygiene practice
- Help you regain the ability to chew normally so you may enjoy foods like steak and corn on the cob
- Dental implants can last for a lifetime with proper care
- Give a stunning smile that seems natural to make you feel more confident
Dental implants, as opposed to conventional dentures, are designed to be a permanent tooth replacement solution and can restore your beautiful smile in just one day.
Comparison Between The Cost Of Dental Implants And Dentures
Dentures seem less expensive than implants initially, but their long-term expenditures are far higher when you consider the cost of cleaning solutions, repairs, fixatives, and replacements. Dental implants, on the other hand, last 25 years or even longer and don’t need to be replaced.
Your dental, physical, and emotional health will benefit from investing in dental implants. They can substantially alter your quality of life in a manner that dentures cannot. By enabling you to eat foods that are better for your diet and nutrition, reducing jaw bone loss, and enhancing your self-esteem when speaking, dining, and smiling, implants help you feel more confident and comfortable, which benefits your overall health. Dental implants offer ease, confidence, and peace.
Book an appointment with Sanders Family Dental if you are looking for top-quality dental implant treatment in Lombard at an affordable price range. Give us a call today!